Institutional, organisational and planning information
Canal Extensia was founded in Spain on 5 December 2001 as a limited company and is listed in the Commercial Register as a sole-shareholding company.
Its corporate purpose encompasses all activity developed in the field of the so-called integral water cycle: capture or production, conveyance, treatment, transport, elevation, storage, distribution, sewerage and sanitation, waste water treatment, reuse and discharge of water for public consumption and irrigation, as well as the transport and treatment of waste waters via the following specific activities:
- Restoration, installation, construction, start-up and control of all kinds of fluid installations.
- Management, or where applicable, indirect management of the methods regulated by the Administrative Law, of Public Services for supplying drinking water to urban centres, and for the conservation and cleaning of drainage and waste water treatment networks.
- Purifying water, lighting underground waters and capturing ground waters, after obtaining all the appropriate authorisation or administrative licences. If the company provides waste water treatment services, it may re-use these waters, after obtaining the administrative authorisations legally required. Likewise, it may transform the resulting slurry to obtain, sell and distribute organic products.
- Undertaking studies and projects, and executing hydraulic infrastructure works.
- Commercialising machinery, vehicle appliances, facilities, water and fluids engineering and plumbing in general.
- Designing, constructing, installing and maintaining electric and electronic systems for automatic control, telecommunications, security and vigilance.
- Undertaking feasibility studies, project engineering, consultancy and technical assistance, project management, exploitation and maintenance of facilities required to manage and exploit the integral water cycle.
- Canal Extensia may develop its objective directly or indirectly, via the constitution of other companies or the ownership of holdings in the capital of other entities with identical or similar objectives.
- The Company’s main activity consists in managing holding companies as well as providing technical assistance services in the regions in which its dependent companies develop their activity.
The companies forming Canal Extensia include: Metroagua S.A.E.S.P., AAA Dominicana S.A., Amagua C.E.M, GESTUS, Amérika Tecnologías de la Información S.A.S., INASSA, Avanzadas Soluciones de Acueducto y Alcantarillado S.A.E.S.P. y Emissão,