Canal de Isabel II records its first case of COVID-19 among its staff at the Cantos Altos work centre - Canal de Isabel II records its first case of COVID-19 among its staff at the Cantos Altos work centre
Canal de Isabel II records its first case of COVID-19 among its staff at the Cantos Altos work centre
An administrative assistant at the company has tested positive for coronavirus and is in the hospital
As a preventative measure, the workers who have been in direct contact with him are remaining at home.
Today, the company has recorded its first case of a worker infected with COVID-19. This is an administrative assistant at the company who is in hospital and who most recently went to his work yesterday at the company’s work centre at Cantos Altos (Villalba).
Therefore, and in order to guarantee the health of its employees, as a preventative measure, workers who have been in direct contact with this person remain at home. In addition, the office and those close to his workplace have been disinfected and cleaned.
Moreover, the company is carrying out the following measures:
- Canal has strengthened the cleaning and disinfection protocols in all its facilities and will act, as it has been doing at all times, in accordance with the instructions of the health authorities.
- It has actively informed its employees about the preventative measures recommended by the health authorities and about the special healthcare telephone number for this virus (900 102 112).
- It has activated the first phase of remote working to cover 350 employees with greater work-life balance needs or who are in at-risk groups.
- Regarding customer service, attention by telephone is being given priority over face-to-face; we ask all customers who would like to do any business face-to-face to do them online wherever possible.
- Customers are urged to conduct their business either through the virtual office or by using the free telephone number 900365365, which is operational for commercial business from Monday to Friday from 09.00 to 20.00.